Policy and strategy support
Research supporty activities at AAU are all about providing policy and strategy support to the AAU research community. Our mission is to provide a proactive research policy support service. A central stand of our research policy strategy is the promotion of AAU research expertise and outcomes to enable evidence-based policy formulation and implementation. It is all about early communication of your positions in order to ensure your influence on future research programming, and ultimately contributing to fundraising.
Key points of our research support activities include:
- Raising awareness of you research area and liaising with key stakeholders
- Putting forward your views to policy makers promoting your research area
- Support to coordinating and preparing research policy consultations
- Building networks and alliances for strategic cooperation
- AAU Brussels Office – your platform in EU, access to targeted information and raising the profile of AAU. Including access to meeting facilities.
Please feel free to contact F&P to learn more about the policy services we provide.
AAU EIC Position Paper
On 16 February 2016, the European Commission launched a public consultation to gather ideas for a European Innovation Council (EIC) to support Europe's most promising innovators.
AAU was one of the more than 1000 stakeholders that responded to the hearing with the Aalborg University Position Paper on the European Innovation Council.
Among others, AAU argues that EIC should contribute to the nurturing of talents for entrepreneurial activities and for the stimulation of knowledge creating environments for students, reseachers and businesses, and argues that a EIC should be an instrument for recognising innovation excellence and merits to invest time and resources in knowledge cooperation and increasing investment in the knowledge economy.
As a member of CESEAR and ECIU, AAU also contributed to the position papers of CESAER and ECIU.