Course: How to Write an Excellent Application
- A three step course on improving and refining your application to National Funding
24.08.2017 kl. 09.00 - 22.09.2017 kl. 15.00
The F&P Office will be holding a three session course on How to Write an Excellent Application, from the 24 of august to the 22 of september. The course is aimed at researchers at Ph.D. level (final year) and other young AAU Scientists planning to submit an application for the current national funding autumn calls 2017.
The course will target all research areas and have special attention to both The Innovation Fond Denmark link/deadline and DFF link /deadline
Former members of the Danish Council for Independent Research and experienced researchers and reviewers from AAU will provide an inside view of the procedures within the council and reveal what the reviewers look for in an application. The AAU evaluators will offer a guide to the do’s and don’ts of proposal writing.
The training will take part in groups of 4 to 5 applicants and will be based on the applicants’ ideas and drafts. The participants will be given the chance to get their own proposals or ideas evaluated by the AAU evaluators and in this way optimize their proposals and hopefully improve their chances for a successful evaluation in the councils.
The course will also focus on how and where to find alternative funding sources, and how to the deal with all the administrative issues related to the application.
At the end of the training the participants will submit an application to a national fund.
In this way the course will offer the participants a unique opportunity to learn the trade of writing research proposals for The Danish Council for Independent Research, Innovation Fund Denmark and other funding sources
Session 1 – Workshop
DAte, place and time:
- Aalborg: 24 August - The auditorium, Niels Jernes Vej 10 from 9.30 – 11.30
- Copenhagen 25 August - ACM 15 C1-2.1.025 from 9.30 – 11.30
The focus of the workshop is “The nature of the project idea”. It is a structured hands-on workshop, where you will elaborate on your project idea in a supervised group session. At this meeting you will be requested to present your idea in an abstract and you will get feedback on your idea.
Session 2 - Workshop: Feedback on draft applications
DAte, place and time:
- Aalborg: 6 September - Niels Jernes Vej 14 from 12.30 – 15.30
- Copenhagen 6 September - ACM 15 C1-2.1.023 from 12.30 – 15.30
The participants will bring a draft proposal to this session. The workshop will deal with discussion and feedback on draft proposals by the participants and the AAU supervisors.
Session 3: Individual Application feedback
DAte, place and time
- Aalborg: individual meetings to be arranged from September 18 – September 22
- Copenhagen: individual meeting to be arranged from September 18 – September 22
The sessions will be face-to-face review meetings with one of the AAU supervisors who will be providing feedback on the individual revised applications.
Lecturers, Supervisors & Organizers:
- Professor Dorte Hammershøi, Department of Electronic Systems
- Professor Henriette Giese, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience
- Professor Peter Stein Larsen, Department of Culture and Global Studies
- Professor Annick Prieur, Department of Sociology and Social Work
- Senior Consultant, Head of AAU Fundraising, Lisbeth Munksgaard (Copenhagen).
- Special Consultant, Fundraising Coordinator Lisbeth Nannerup, The Fundraising & Project Management Office (Copenhagen).
- Special consultant, Helle Sønderholt Christiansen, The Fundraising & Project Management Office
- Fundraiser Isabelle Fischer, The Fundraising & Project Management Office
Fundraising and Project Management, AAU Innovation
18.08.2017 kl. 15.00