The fundraising team offers strategic and proactive research policy support services at the pre-call level and qualified support in the proposal writing phase.
Key points of our national and European policy engagement include:
- Coordinating strategic initiatives to further Aalborg University (AAU) positions for fundraising together with the AAU management and the AAU research community
- Support in coordinating and writing policy and position papers
- Targeting information about future research programmes and funds
- Support in coordinating and preparing research policy consultations
- Promotion of AAU research expertise and outcomes to enable evidence-based policy formulation and implementation
Key points of our support regarding the proposal writing phase include:
- Discussion of the project idea and identification of relevant sources of funding, including access to professional funding databases
- Providing general information about Danish, European and other international research programmes (funding newsletter, specific annual funding options, biannual problem-based training programme etc.)
- Strategy development for getting your idea funded
- Putting you in touch with relevant stakeholders in order to promote your idea for adoption in relevant funding programmes (please see the science diplomacy folder)
- Assistance in coordinating interactions with the consortium
- Proofreading, strengthening of the structure and clarity of the application
- Preparation of the project budget, ensuring a reasonable match between project description and budget and its overall correlation to the call and the internal AAU guidelines
- Assistance to the researcher in obtaining the required documentation, letters of support, mandate and necessary signatures etc.